In my experience, some devices work nicely with openHAB, and some don’t. Below are my experiences for the system I was running in May 2020…
The following items do not work well with openHAB:
- Wemo Insight Switches
- they worked well, and then all of a sudden stopped working. Openhab could not see them to control them. I tried many factors to find out why/when the Wemo Insights stopped working, but to no avail
- Dlink DCH-100 switches. Same as above with the Wemo switches.
- Daikin BRP072A42 controller. This is a 50-50 case. It works most of the time, but fairly regularly, the state changes from ONLINE to OFFLINE (Communication Error), and I need to restart openHAB. The error is not so annoying now that I have set a cron job (actually Launchctl job on MacOS) to restart openHAB twice a day.
The following items work well with openHAB:
- TPlink HS-100 smart switches
- Roborock S5Max robot vacuum cleaners
- iCloud devices (eg iPhone, iPad, Macbook)
- Dlink DCH 5150 motion sensors
- Plex clients